More from this adorable session will be up on the blog tomorrow!
More from this adorable session will be up on the blog tomorrow!
It is no secret that I love working with fashion designer, Kate Miles. She creates truly unique designs, many of which are one of a kind items. This particular design is a convertible wedding gown. Kate was inspired by brides who wish to have more modest gown for their ceremony, but something a little more party oriented for their reception. The gown is two separate pieces: the strapless sheath gown and a long sleeve overlay. Both pieces are easy to add and remove, making the transition for any bride quite simple and swift. Side note: There is also a matching lingerie piece that can be worn under the sheer overlay (click HERE to see that piece). The strapless gown is beautifully textured with a simple design, which lends itself to adding accessories, if the bride wishes. The overlay is made of a sheer fabric and features an intricate appliqué design and a subtle rhinestone belt, which is a separate piece and can also be worn with the strapless gown, as shown here.
This shoot was held on a beautifully sunny winter day in and around Kate’s home/studio in Scio, Oregon. Our model, Christina, holds a beautifully unique bouquet, designed by Amanda Dant of Morning Glories Floral. We could not have asked for a more perfect day. There is just something about the winter sun that makes me so happy.Morning Glories Floral
Here it is! The annual wedding giveaway!
I am teaming up with Amanda Dant of Morning Glories Floral this time, so not only will the winner receive a big prize from me, they’ll also get a gorgeous bouquet from her! You can see examples of her work throughout my blog, as well as below.
WINNERS WILL RECEIVE:
~A $1,000 gift card to Kel Ward Photography.
~A wedding bouquet by Morning Glories Floral.
Please be sure to read all of the information carefully, before submitting your entry, as incomplete
entries may be excluded from consideration!
GENERAL RULES & INFORMATION:
1. Deadline for entry is January 31, 2017 at 11:59pm.
2. Winning couple will be announced on February 7, 2017.
3. All participants will be contacted with results of the contest, prior to the public announcement.
4. Wedding must be held between 2/10/17 and 12/31/17.
5. If you are already booked with me, you may use the gift card towards your remaining balance.
6. If you’ve already paid your full balance, you may use the gift card towards products.
7. Travel expenses may apply to weddings further than 60 miles from Salem, Oregon.
8. Kel Ward Photography must be the exclusive photographer at your wedding.
9. You must have a confirmed wedding date to be eligible (location preferred, but not required).
10. Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be considered.
11. Winning couple will be chosen by a panel of judges.
12. Wedding bouquet must not exceed a $200 value.
13. If you do not get a confirmation email back within a few days, please inquire.
14. Gift card may only be used towards a wedding photography package.
15. Gift card may not be used towards super 8 services.
16. Gift card is not redeemable for cash.
17. Gift card may only be applied to wedding photography services.
18. Floral arrangement may be excluded, if wedding is not local.
19. Gift card expires on 12/31/17.
20. No other discounts will be applied to wedding package.
21. Please inquire for wedding pricing, if you are unsure of my rates.
22. All entries are subject to availability (i.e., I have blackout dates).
23. Elopements and vow renewals are eligible to win.
24. LGBTQ+ couples are encouraged to enter.
25. Receptions only (if you’ve already eloped) are also eligible to win.
HOW TO ENTER:
Email the information below to email@example.com.
Please include the questions in your email, with your answers.
1. What are your names?
2. What event are you planning (wedding, elopement, vow renewal, etc.)?
3. What is the date of your wedding or event?
4. Where is your event being held (if you already know)?
5. How did the two of you you meet?
6. How did you get engaged? If you’re already married, please tell me about your wedding.
7. What do you have envisioned for your wedding or event (colors, style, mood, etc.)?
8. Is there anything about your wedding or event that is unique?
9. Is there anything that makes you unique, as a couple?
10. Are you already booked with Kel Ward Photography for your 2017 wedding?
11. Why should you win a $1,000 gift card from Kel Ward Photography?
12. Have you ever been photographed by Kel Ward Photography? (If so, explain)
13. What do you think you might like for a wedding bouquet?
14. How did you hear about this contest?
15. Please send a photo of the two of you (cell phone selfie is fine).
Pease email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Sandra & Mike
When I asked Sandra, as I do with most wedding clients, if they were going to see each other before the wedding, or if they wanted to wait until the ceremony to see each other, her response was, “Oh, we’re two peas in a pod, so we’ll be getting ready together and arriving at the church together.” Two peas in a pod, indeed. Most couples get pulled in different directions before and after the ceremony, but these two were hand the entire time. You see, this wasn’t just an ordinary wedding. I debated including this information in my blog post, but after giving it a YEAR of thought, I’ve come to the realization that this is their story and it is who they are, as individuals, and as a couple.
I got a call from an old friend (ahem, meaning we have been friends for a very long time, not saying she’s old), explaining that her and her co-workers were helping Sandra plan a last minute wedding. Sandra and Mike had planned on getting married, eventually, but when Sandra was diagnosed with terminal cancer, they knew they needed to move their wedding date up. Way up. They were planning everything in a matter of weeks. Of course, I agreed to document their wedding, and immediately contacted Amanda at Morning Glories Floral about helping out. She was generous enough to donate her floral services for the wedding. Friends put on a potluck reception afterwards and everything just fell into place beautifully.
The ceremony was held at St. John’s Episcopal Church (aka Oaks Pioneer Church). I attended a wedding there once as a teenager and fell in love. Built in 1851, it is tiny, quaint, and charming as heck. The walls are all dark wood and the windows are stunning. I had hoped my own wedding would be held there, but alas, our guest list was too big.
Admittedly, I was nervous. I didn’t know what to expect, in terms of Sandra’s mobility or health, but more importantly, I was worried I would bawl my eyes out and ruin everything. Sandra arrived with the biggest smile I’ve ever seen on a bride’s face. Then, Mike got out of the car, with a smile at least as big as hers. Immediately, any fears I had of ruining their day vanished, as they’re seriously the SWEETEST and most welcoming couple in the world.
Sandra wore a simple, knee length, lace gown, while Mike donned a classic black suit. The ceremony was accented with beautiful stained glass windows and purple flowers, while the outside was beaming with fall colors. I enjoyed listening to every second of the stories told, regarding their meeting and everything leading up to this big day. It was a beautiful, happy day. It was not sad at all. The couple was literally giddy with love and excitement.
Today is Sandra and Mike’s one year anniversary.
I’m happy to say that Sandra is thriving and they’re currently living their happily ever after. She will receive weekly chemo treatments for the rest of her life, but for the time being, she’s doing extremely well.
Now that it’s actually December, I feel that it’s time for a little sneak peek, featuring a gown by Kate’s Couture and flowers by Morning Glories Floral. The rest can be seen tomorrow, right here on the blog!
Kel Ward Photography is based out of Salem, Oregon. Areas of coverage include Salem, Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Sherwood, Albany, Eugene, Corvallis, Jefferson, Turner, Keizer, Woodburn, Wilsonville, Silverton, Stayton, Dallas, Hillsboro, Lincoln City, Bay City, Bend, Vancouver, Battleground, and all surrounding areas. Also available for destination weddings and other travel. Kel Ward Photography specializes in Black and White photography, in both film and digital mediums. Color photography also available. Coverage includes weddings, funerals, birth, childbirth, portraits, families, senior portraits, and boudoir. Outdoor and on-location are preferred.